Thursday, January 19, 2012

Soaping for Amateurs.

Soap!
                        Now that I have more free time, I will be pursuing something I have wanted to do for a while now...... soap making! I've done research online, watched videos, read forums, and now feel ready to go for it. Since reading isn't the same as doing, I decided to take it slow and ordered a Melt and Pour starter kit, with a few extras.

I'll be getting a 2 pound slab of soap, 6 different scents (Sweet Pea, Best Friends, Oatmeal Milk and Honey, Lavender, Blue Sugar and Pink Sugar) and 3 Soap dyes (Red, Purple and Blue). Just for fun, I got a bit of Diamond Dust Mica Pigment to experiment with.
If it goes well, my next step will be to try Cold Process, if I get half as addicted as I think I might, we're going to be up to our eyeballs in soap!
When it arrives I'll take some photos, can't wait to give it a try.

Thank you Mrs. Goat!



1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about trying soap too, but after looking into the process (mostly cold process) it seemed a little out of my league. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete