Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bath and Body Works Review, Be Enchanted!

When I first saw that this scent was available in trial size, I was excited to try the newest signature scent.
Be Enchanted is described as "A fresh, sparkling blend of iced pomegranate and sugared petals inspired by all that glitters." So hey, another fruity floral! Who would have known? (I like fruity florals, but B&BW seems to be riding this same horse all year.)

I'll be honest with you, the first thing that drew me in was the beautiful packaging. It reminds me of a softer version of the Secret Wonderland labels (which I also love). Purple and blue are my favorite colors, and I think they were blended together beautifully. The silver branches in the shiny foil like material also make it visually interesting.

As far as the things I like about this newest release, that's about it. Sure the name is kind of cute, but the more I thought about it the more it seemed like it could be the name of the next Barbie movie. Which leads me to my second gripe, what's with all the scents with ambiguous names? So far this years releases, Carried Away, Country Chic, Into the Wild, Paris Amour and Charmed Life. Remember when the name on the bottle would at least allude to the type of scent inside?
Consider this fictitious conversation;
"Hey what's that scent?" "Black Raspberry Vanilla!" "Ooooh that sounds nice."
As opposed to;
"Hey what's that scent?" "Charmed Life!" "Uh....what?"

So yeah, I'm ranting a bit, but seriously. What happened to the days of Juniper Breeze, Country Apple, Sun Ripened Raspberry? Sure I understand that a company has to grow and change to survive throughout the years, but it certainly seems they are abandoning the essence of what made them big in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love some (some) of their newer scents, but I don't seem to see a whole lot of diversity this year.
End of (this!) rant.

As far as this scent goes I can describe it in a few words. "Ho-hum", "forgettable" and "eh"
Is it nice? Sure. Is it original? Not at all. I see this scent as a couple different mixtures.
 Pomegranate Citrus + Paris Amour = Be Enchanted
Peach Citrus + In the Wild = Be Enchanted

I understand that everyone's noses are different, but to me it just seems like they are mixing together scents they already came out with this year. Honestly, I wish they put as much dedication into the scent as they did with the label. Never before I have procrastinated writing a Bath and Body Work's Signature Collection Review, but I was just so disappointed and unmotivated.

Pros; The label is very cute, scent is okay
Cons; Why spend your money when you can mix the scents you already have?

No comments:

Post a Comment