Sunday, February 5, 2012

My soaps!

Blue Sugar, Pink Sugar and "Purple" Sugar scents
                               I really wanted to do my own soaps for a while now, but I don't have the equipment for cold process (yet anyway). So I bought some Goats Milk melt and pour base and went to town!
I got a 2 pound slab, a couple of molds and a bunch of fragrance oil to play with. First batch that I've made turned out quite well. I have oval bars in my favorite Blue Sugar scent. A few heart shaped bars in Pink Sugar and "Purple" Sugar (a combo of Blue Sugar and Pink Sugar). I added a bit of Diamond Dust Mica for sparkle. You can't see it very well, and it probably would have been better in clear glycerin soap rather than the Goat's Milk. Although I did put it in a bit of lotion, and the sparkle comes through beautifully.
So I will be making more soap soon. I found this really cute sheep shaped mold that should be coming in the mail any day now. I want to do 2 different batches. I will do a white batch in the Oatmeal Milk and Honey scent, and a red batch in the Best Friends scent. I can't wait!
We're going to be up to our eyeballs in bars of soap. Thinking my friends and family will be getting some of the extras. Soap makes a good gifts right? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment