Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tonight in my warmer; Bedtime Bath!

Today was a pretty stressful day at work. While looking through my tarts trying to figure out what to melt tonight I decided I wanted something low key and relaxing.  I ended up choosing Bedtime Bath from Kim's Tarts. With a name like Bedtime Bath, how could it not soothing? Only the two most peaceful things on the planet combined into one tart!


Kim describes the scent on her website as "Fruity top notes of lemon peel and sweet apple add freshness to this soothing floral blend. Lavender and chamomile are lifted with bergamot and blended with summer florals to create an enchanting effect. Soft powdery undertones blend with clear musk at the base of the scent."
Definitely more complex than the last few tarts I've tried. Smelling it cold, I get the Lavender, definitely the Chamomile, with a bit of tang. The tang must be the lemon peel, because I don't get any impressions of apple. I can't smell the musk, but the powder tones come through a bit.  



Once its melted, the scent becomes strange and changes completely. The powder is gone and the musk is strong.The tartness that I smelled at first has warped into something more...acrid. I was expecting a soft sweet relaxing effect, but it's too harsh and medicinal. The throw is average.

Pros; Its alright cold
Cons; I hate it melted
Overall; 3/10



The throw okay, but the scent is horrid. If Nyquil is looking for a new flavor inspiration, I think I found it.
It's a good quality tart, the scent is just not for me. I'm glad I gave it a chance, but I will not purchase this one again. That's the way it goes, they can't all get rave reviews. I guess we need something to compare the great ones to.

No comments:

Post a Comment