Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tonight in my warmer; Pretty Woman!

I try to change change up my scents from day to day, so while going through my box-o-tarts I chose one who's name does not define  the fragrance in the slightest. It's a beautiful soft pink tart from Can-Do-Candles. Donna describes the scent on her website as
"Pretty Woman- Fresh and feminine. Very pretty!"

The description isn't any more clear than the name, but on first whiff I have to say it is accurate. It IS a pretty scent. So, I'm going to use my nose, guess what it is, and then ask her what the actual notes are.

Smelling it cold, I have to guess, a very light floral, (Sweet Pea or Plumeria perhaps?) mixed with a fresher aspect. I'm thinking, baby powder? I actually think this scent should have been named Pretty Little Girl or Baby Girl or something similar.

Now that I'm melting it, I think I should have used the white tart burner instead. The color of the wax is quite lovely, but its lost in the maroon color of the larger warmer.
As far as the scent goes, it's not nearly as strong as I would have expected after smelling the tart cold. The powdery note seems to tone down, and the light flowery smell shines. If I hadn't know what it was like before it was melted, I might have mistaken it for an "off" Sweet Pea.

The throw is decent, but not amazing. I get it at my desk, but not in other parts of my room. If this were a regular candle I would probably do the "bathroom test". (I do NOT ever recommend moving a tart burner with hot wax in it.)

Pros; Can't decide if you want fresh or floral? Have both!
Cons; Throw is a bit on the lighter side.
Overall; 8/10
The throw is not as strong as I would prefer, but its fun how the scent changed from when it was cold to after it was melted. Its as if...my Baby Girl became a Pretty Woman!

Please show Donna some love and check out her website.
http://www.can-do-candles.com

1 comment:

  1. Update! Donna said I was close.
    I was correct about the floral, but instead of baby powder, it was a light touch of musk.

    ReplyDelete