Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tonight in my Warmer; China Rain!

China Rain Tart
Tonight's Fresh pick is China Rain, my very first tart from Granny Ann's Candle Cove.
I discovered Granny Ann's when she first started posting on the Wax Addicts United Facebook Page. I was curious about her tarts, and when she offered 17oz of wax for $10 I decided it would be a great time to give her wax a try.
I ordered China Rain, Bayberry, Christmas Hearth, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Creamy Vanilla in the paw print shape.
Creamy Vanilla scented Paw Prints
Granny Ann doesn't have an up to date website to purchase her tarts and melts. She is currently taking orders on her Facebook page, with a list of about 30 different scents to choose from. Which was a little unusual for me.
Sure, I have purchased off of a Facebook wall before. But, it had always been from vendors I was familiar with, and usually it was a  RTS (Ready To Ship) sale, or special clearance.
 I was a bit hesitant to place this order, but I am glad that I did. Ann got the package out very quickly. The day of delivery, she made sure I got the package and that it arrived in good condition.
The presentation was nice with pretty ribbon tying each bag closed. The tarts have strong cold throw, and  the other items exceeded my expectations. The detailing on the paw prints are adorable. I was expecting all one color, but the "paw" portion of each piece was colored pink.  The Oatmeal Raisin Cookies literally smell good enough to eat, and each "cookie" looks unique in its own way. I don't know how she does it, but they defiantly do not look "cookie cutter" in design. (Don't mind the lame joke there).
Freebie angel shaped soap in China Rain scent.
  Most surprising of all, she sent so many freebies! Lemon Drop, Roasted Chestnut, and China Rain scented goats milk soap in the shape of an angel.

As for China Rain, the scent seems to be a fresh floral type which wasn't what I was expecting. I had thought it would be more of an ocean water or ocean breeze type, a straight clean scent. Not that has deterred me at all, because it smells great just as it is.
The wax has been melting for a few hours now and it's still going strong.
Granny Ann has taught me an important lesson. Ordering methods and websites shouldn't sway my opinion in any way. Her customer service was excellent and so far her product has been of great quality.
If you're looking to try someone new, I highly recommend Granny Ann's Candle Cove.



My entire order.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Candle Making Supplies Wholesale

    ReplyDelete