Monday, August 22, 2011

Tonight in my Warmer; Help Name Me!

I have a special tart by the name of Help Name Me! from Crabby Candle Co. Its square and yellow, but that's all I know.
Crabby wants some help naming this mystery scent, and I'm more than happy to try to take a swing at it!
The cold scent is bright, fresh and citrusy, with is a slight twang of sweetness I can't quite place.  After the tart has melted the warm fruity smells expands and envelops the room. It smells a lot like lemons, with a little orange as well.
This tart is bright, and fresh, I percieve it as a "happy" type scent. You know how they say orange juice is liquid sunshine? Help Name Me! makes me think of warm scented sunshine.
So when Crabby asks us what the name of this scent should be, all I could think of was Sunshine, or perhaps Harvest Sunshine if it is a strictly autumn scent.
I made a post on Crabby's Facebook page and asked what the scent notes were, and if it really was lemon that I detected. The description I got was "Crisp white tea with a combination of jasmine, violet, lavender and orange flowers. The dry down is a clean citrus musk. (and yes, the citrus is indeed lemon!)"

I was surprised that there were florals in this tart. Maybe that accounts for the slight sweet note I detected. The crisp white tea is an interesting addition, I had no idea it was in there, but now I think I can smell it. (Unless its the power of suggestion!)
So even after knowing the specific notes, I still think Sunrise is a great name. 


There are some other good names in the running too. If you have some time, go check out Crabby's Facebook Page and vote on a name for this great scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment