I went to trust Allrecipe and found http://allrecipes.com/recipe/juicy-roasted-chicken/detail.aspx
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
|Look at all that butter!|
|A little dark, but juicy inside|
This recipe caught my eye because it was so highly rated, yet very simple. I followed it to the letter and it turned out delicious and and very moist inside.
Next time I make this recipe there will be some changes. 1TBSP of onion powder is a LOT. It got to the point where I was just coating it. I will decrease the onion powder to 1 TSP instead and add 1 TSP garlic powder.
This recipe has a ton of butter. I don't use real butter I use Smart Balance, but even so I think next time I will use about half that much.
I'm not quite sure what purpose the celery serves. I will use it if I have it on hand, otherwise I will probably omit it.
All in all, a great recipe, just needs a tweak.