Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lush Haul #2!

I am now completely hooked on LUSH! After I used up the items from my last haul I knew I had to go back. I couldn't wait to share with you all the fun items I found. So lets get right into it!

A couple items are missing here; couldn't wait to try them









There are a couple things I have already tried. The first one I couldn't wait for was the Twilight Bathbomb.  I loved this one! It started out bright pink, then turned blue. It make the water soft and silky feeling with a beautiful purple color. The fragrance was wonderful and soothing. There is a little sparkle in this one, but not too much.

The second one I have already tried was the Honey Bee Bathbomb. It has a honey scent with bits of "Moroccan rhassoul mud" I enjoyed the scent quite a bit, but I wasn't as much of a fan of the gritty feeling it left. Many of the LUSH bathbombs leave behind a bit of residue in the tub, but this one left a thin layer of sand. It rinses away easily though so don't let it deter you if you are interested in giving this one a try.

Rock Star soap caught my eye because of the soft creamy pink color. It smells super sweet and candy like. From what the sales associate told me it lathers well and has vanilla absolute in it. I looked around online and saw that some people find this drying, but I will hold my own judgement until I try it for myself.




Next up is Space Girl Bathbomb. It's so cute how it looks a little bit like a space ship. It's coated in glitter and is infused with grapefruit oil. It is supposed to turn the water purple, although my bomb looks blue. The website says there are "popping candy" inside that is supposed to fizz. It sounds fun, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a try. Grapefruit oil seems like something that would be energizing and uplifting, so maybe I'll be saving this one for the weekend.

Honey I washed the Kids is a soap with (gasp!) honey. It also has beeswax on the top. I'm not sure what function the besswax serves, but it is visually interesting. I love the smell of this soap, plus honey is supposed to be very moisturizing and softening. The description mentions toffee in it as well, so it will be interesting to see how the two ingredients mix and compliment each other.




I chose Sandstone soap because of its amazing scent. It smells citrusy and really pops. There is a layer of sand on the bottom. I always need some exfoliant, but I hope it doesn't leave a film of dirt on the bottom of my tub. This soap has Litsea cubeba oil in it. I have no idea what that is, but Lush's website says that it is what contributes to the lemony fresh scent.

Pop in the Bath has a cute flower design on the top. (mine broke off a bit). Instead of a bathbomb this is a bubble bar. They come in a bunch of different colors. I chose blue because its my favorite :) This bubble bar has Mandarin oil and Orange blossom absolute so I expect this one to be uplifting and vibrant. LUSH's bubble bars are so potent I usually can cut it and use pieces at a time. So I'm hoping to get a lot of bubbles and baths out of this one.


I love floral scents and Sakura bathbomb is infused with Mimosa absolute. I don't think this one is as exciting as the others. It has a bit of color on the bomb, but it doesn't change the color of the water (or so I'm told), nor does it have sparkles/glitter, or any surprises on the inside. But since I'm a such a floral fan I couldn't let Sakura pass me by.
Seanik Solid Shampoo
When I heard LUSH has solid shampoo I was intrigued. The idea of losing all the plastic bottles was a big plus for me. Seanik was the first product I had to try when I got home. The smell is great, and it lathers a lot better than I thought it would. I probably used too much. I rubbed it all over my hair and got super sudsy super quickly. My hair looks great and has lots of volume. The solid shampoo is filled with seaweed which is supposed to be softening. As long as it doesn't get stuck in my hair it doesn't bother me. I should have bought a solid conditioner as well. Lots of people have said that this shampoo dries out hair, but since I always follow it up with a conditioner (the bottled kind I already have) I haven't noticed the drying effect yet. I also learned the hard way you can't put it back in the tin if its wet, because it gets stuck and is really hard to get back out again. :(

The Creamy Candy Bubble Bar is cute and a little similar looking to the Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar.  This one is super pink and smells sweet.  It is filled with vanilla absolute and cocoa butter so hopefully it makes the water creamy and moisturizing too! The little flower on the top is super cute!


The Sunnyside Bubble Bar is the only repeat purchase in this haul. The outside is covered with gold glittery sparkles, and the inside sparkles with golden lustre and tangerine oil. The golden lustre is amazing. Its not heavy or icky feeling, but it makes the water look as if you are bathing in liquid gold.

So that's my haul! Hopefully this one will last for a while. LUSH is making a small fortune off of me :) Everything that I have tried from them has been amazing. They certainly made a long time customer of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment