Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tonight in my warmer; Rice Petals & Shea!

Oh boy, was it a rough day. I was looking through my box -o-tarts and knew I had to melt something that would help me unwind. When my eyes come across Rice Petals & Shea I knew what I would be burning tonight.
Rice Petals & Shea is a 0.75 ounce "Sampler Shot" from K's Kreations.  It is described as "This soul-soothing fragrance has top notes of ozony sea water, crushed ginger root, and anise leaves. Middle notes of coconut milk and rice flower; and sits on base notes of amber, musk, and sandalwood."


It is very soft, and slightly sweet. I love the amber and sandalwood notes. I can't really detect the ginger root. I have always perceived ginger root as a sharp, tangy and slightly pungent aroma.  (At least the ginger root I used to work with did.) Which would kind of seem strange in this tart. Although, I am intrigued by the anise leaves note as well as the ozoney sea water. I have always thought of ozone notes to be fresh and uplifting. Either way it works, because Rice Petals & Shea is a great way to unwind. 


This is a scent that I would think may be overlooked for something more "punchy" or more vibrant.  This tart is much more suited for some quiet personal time, or for those who are inclined, a relaxing bubble bath. It reminds me of soft pale flowers wrapped in a warm cuddly blanket.
This is not the type of scent to use if you are planning on scented your entire home, it is best for a small room or bathroom. This says nothing at all for the quality of the wax. These tarts are wonderful, the lighter throw is just the nature of the scent.

Personally, I am a huge bubble bath fan, and this is going to become my go-to relaxation scent. I recommend Rice Petals & Shea for someone who would like to try something calming, demure and subtle.

1 comment:

  1. You always have such cute tart burners! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete